Tou came to us a few weeks to order a very special edition of TEIN’s Super Racing Coilovers. This particular spec was co-developed by our friends at Evasive Motorsports, hence why they are deemed ‘EVS Spec’.
Here are a few before photos of how his car sat. It was 100% stock.
Truck status ftw.
So we pulled the S2000 into the shop and grabbed the before corner weights without and without Tou.
Not bad Honda…not bad. But we can do better.
We also replaced his old beat up catalytic converter :P
So we sat the car back on the scales and threw Tou in there. We were only out 5.4lbs…not good enough. (Shooting for 50/50 left/right distribution)
So we did a little more tweaking, threw the spare tire back in…re-settled the suspension and rolled it back on the scales.
Bingo less than 1.5lbs out.
Specs on the TEIN EVS SPEC SRC Coilovers
- 16kg/mm front and rear
- Custom smaller base valve
- Custom shims
- Steel Construction
- Mono Tube internal construction
- Inverted design for strut type front and rear
- Ride Height adjustable via threaded body and spring seats
- 16 x 16 way adjustable dampers, compression and rebound separately adjustable
- Pillow ball upper mounts for increased steering feel
- Dual EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller) compatible
- Powder coated brackets with Teflon coated shock body for heavy duty rust prevention